Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Roasted Vegetable Salad

This salad is so satisfying and delicious (yeah, I know. I say that about everything on here.)

Ingredients
1 eggplant
1 red bell pepper
1/2 onion (red or yellow)
salt and pepper
olive oil
feta cheese
toasted walnuts
fresh arugula (rinsed)
Bacon (optional)

1. Peel the eggplant and cut it into strips. Cover generously in salt and let drain over the sink for 30 minutes.
2. Cut bell pepper and onion, place in a bowl with the eggplant (post-sweating) and toss in pepper, salt, and olive oil. Place on baking sheet and roast in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, you can cook the bacon and toss the feta, bacon, walnuts and arugula into a salad bowl.
4. Let the vegetables cool slightly before adding to the salad mix. For the dressing I just poured about a tablespoon of both balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the salad.


2 comments:

  1. That does look delicious (and healthy)! I'd add in some tomatoes too, but that's my answer to a lot of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap - I can't believe I didn't think of that.

    ReplyDelete