Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hippy's Delight muffins

I have a special place for muffins in my heart because it's instant breakfast and I like to wake up as late as possible. So I threw together several different recipes and did a little bit of guessing and this is what I came up with! A Lacey original.

Healthy Muffins

2 bricks of wheetabix
2 T wheat germ
1 cup almond germ (ground almonds)
1 cup flour
1/3 cup flax seed (I used ground, but actual seeds would be fine)
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1/3 c agave syrup (or white sugar)
1 1/4 cup buttermilk (low fat!)
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 T canola oil
1 banana (mashed)
1 plum (diced)
1/4 c pecans (chopped)

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl until well mixed (do not add fruit/nuts yet)
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Add fruit/nuts.
5. Fill muffin tin to about 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment