Thursday, September 30, 2010

Potato Salad, my only success

I have been searching for years for a potato salad recipe that actually tasted good without too much mayonnaise. Well, Emily and I went searching and found a winner! Here it is! (original link)






Creamy Potato Salad with Lemon and Herb

3 pounds baby red potatoes
3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
1 celery stalk, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel

Directions:


1. Cut up the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and boil for about 15-20 minutes, until soft. Strain the potatoes and rinse with cool water. Let sit until cool.
2. Combine the herbs, mayonnaise, vinegar, green onions, celery (I left this out because I didn't want to buy a whole package just to use one stalk), parsley, basil, dill and lemon. (note: I added fresh chives to this recipe as well).
3. Mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. This potato salad lasts well in the fridge and tastes better the next day!


(pics to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment